1. FORT UNCHAGAON
“At a distance of just 115 Kms from Delhi/NCR on National Highway – 24, spread in over 19 acres of thick mango groves, history makes a remarkable presence at The Fort Unchagaon, By Aspen – One of the finest Heritage hotels of India.
Considered also, as one of the elite weekend getaways from Delhi, The Fort Unchagaon, is known to preserve its heritage in its actual form and adding every imaginable modern day amenity of a resort combined with an array of activities and experiences.”
Amarthal urf Unchagaon was established by sisodiya/gehlot (Baachal clan) Rajput chief Khadag Singh about 4 centuries ago. The Baachal clan of sisodiya/gehlot Rajputs came from bachban in Mathura (where they still have 42 villages) under Rao Gopal Singh and established fortified village of Farida on the banks of Ganga river. The remains of that fort and inscription of Rao Gopal Singh is still visible. Post the famous revolt of 1857, The Fort Unchagaon was gifted by the British regime to the loyal jatzamindar of Moradabad, Raja Gursahai Singh.
On the death of Raja Gursahai Singh in 1898, his grandson Raja Karan Singh inherited the zamindari. He had no children & on his death in 1927, it was inherited by his grand nephew Raja Surendra Pal Singh who at time was 10 yrs old. The fort was completely renovated in 1933 when he got married to the daughter of Maharaja Kishan Singh of Bharatpur State in Rajasthan. The fort is now a resort.
For more information and reservations, please visit: https://www.fortunchagaon.com/
2. MUD FORT KUCHESAR
The Mud Fort is a heritage hotel located in Kuchesar. The fort served as the erstwhile seat of Jat Kingdom of Uttar Pradesh. This mid-18th century fort has been excellently preserved, retaining elements from the British era and transformed into one of the most exotic heritage hotels in India.
The Jat rulers built this Mud Fort to protect the city and the clan from the enemy. The village bastion on which the fort rests was the princely state of Dalal Gotra Jats who battled Sikhs, Marathas, Rohillas & Rajputs to save and protect their land. Dalal gotra Jat family came to this land in 1630 and founded the Kuchesar State. The Jats were first-grade military power. Later, Najib-ud-daulah offered the land of Kuchesar as jagir to Bhual and bestowed him the title of Rao and also a sobriquet, ‘Chormar’ which means the annihilator of thieves. The Jat rulers recovered the fort of Kuchesar in 1782 from the enemy who sieged it in 1763. Later, the fort was taken on lease from the Mughal Emperor Shah Alam in 1790 and then by the British in 1807.
Now, the fort is under Ajit Singh’s ancestral family after the Jat family was offered the title of Rao Bhahadur as well as the Jagir of Kuchesar which comprised of 365 villages by the Mughal king Najib-ud-Daula.
For more information and reservations, please visit: https://www.mudfortkuchesar.com/index.html
3. SIROHI HAVELIS
“The Havelies in Pali Partapur, were built between 1860-1912 A.D. and are the living testimony of the lavish lifestyle of the Sirohi zamindars.
Spread in acres of land, the Haveli complex consists of three main Havelies and three Guest Houses with a common gate and high walls.”
The Sirohi family originally belongs to village Sehra in district Bulandshahr. There were three brothers who served in British Indian Army and retired as Risladars. Amongst three brothers only the younger Risaldar Shadi Ram Ji had a son. On retirement, three brothers were given a village each as zamindari, which were Pali Partapur, Seria and Abhaypur. The family later settled in Pali Partapur around 1854, where presently the three Havelies exist.
All Havelies are situated in a complex comprising of three havelies and three guest houses with a common gate and high and thick walls. The whole property was made in such a way, so as to protect the residents from any outside conflict.
The architecture of the Havelies are also unique in itself. Stones from Rajasthan were brought and used for the construction. Paintings on the wall, especially at the entrance of the Havelies were carried by colors derived from Vegetable and flowers. The girders used for support, came from England, which are still there. The lime stone mixture, a.k.a ‘Chunna’ used for laying bricks and plastering of wall was also made in the vicinity of the Haveli. Even the bricks were made locally in the compound, each bearing name of the owner of the Haveli.
For more information and reservations, please visit: http://www.havelistay.com/index.php