It concentrates on the rich diversity of flora and fauna found in Bulandshahr. The various human interventions have deteriorated the environment resulting in endangering and extinction of many rare species found here. The aim is to bring the environmental issues to the notice for finding sustainable measures of these problems. View the maps https://bulandshahrlegacy.org/upper-ganges-wetland-biodiversity-maps/
The rich and unique biodiversity of the region is an added layer of intrigue to the historical city of Bulandshahr. Located in western Uttar Pradesh and situated in the fertile Doab region, Bulandshahr is richly endowed with a wide variety of flora and fauna. Interestingly, like its many other legacies, the biodiversity of Bulandshahr is… Continue reading Ramsar Wetlands: A rich biodiversity
Subscribe to get access
Read more of this content when you subscribe today.
- Ahmad, Nafis. “Ganges River”. Britannica. 2021.
- Duhigg, Kelly. “The rare shark of the Ganga”. Mongabay.
- “Fauna”. Ganga Action Parivar.
- Jaiswal, Prakash. “Uttar Pradesh to promote wetlands as tourism, water sport hubs”. Hindustan Times. June 5th, 2021.
- “Mammals of Ganga River”. Ganga Aqualife Conservation Monitoring Centre.
- Rashid, Toufiq. “At least 10 species in the Ganga face extinction: Ministry reports”. Hindustan Times. May 27th, 2021.
Author Credit: Srabondeya Haldar
This is Srabondeya Haldar, a third-year History student of Shiv Nadar University currently pursuing a minor in Sociology.